We have 8 months to plan (and start saving $$ for) this shin dig… with so many things and people involved in a wedding, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. I made a Word doc to help us keep track of what we want and an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of costs, as well as a checklist so we can tangibly cross things off as we complete them to see our progress. This way, hopefully nothing will get forgotten… here’s what we have, so far!
- Bride & Groom: Lisa & Mark
- Date: xx August 2013
- Budget: $7,000 or less?
- Location: beach house in NC for a week TBD
- Marriage License (different requirements for VA and NC):
- Guest Count: no more than 75 (immediate family and besties)
- Nearby Guest Accommodations List:
- Save the Dates, Envelopes, Stamps:
- Invitations, RSVP Cards, Envelopes, Stamps:
- Announcements, Envelopes, Stamps:
- Bridal Attire: dress (Mark! DON’T LOOK! to be taken in by my momma), shoes, hair?, bouquet (something like this, or this maybe?)
- Groom Attire: barong, pants, shoes
- Bridal party members?
- Bridal party attire? something like this
- Bridal party gifts?: something cool
- Caterer/Foods: gourmet bbq? (gourmet veggie burgers, roasted vegetable kabobs, spanikopita?, mini veggie quiche?, roasted seasoned potato wedges?, cheesy rice pilaf?)
- Tables/Chairs/Extra Silverware/Tent Rentals:
- Drinks: Non-Alcoholic (for me and my family): sparkling punch, sparkling apple cider (for the toast) and this party fountain; Alcoholic (for Mark, his family, and our friends): beers/champagne from BJs/Costco/Walmart/wherever
- Cake: completely up to Mark
- Cake Toppers: something like this or this?
- Desserts: chocolate fountain with chocolate, skewers, marshmallows, cream puffs, and fruit
- DJ/Musics: someone OR iPod playlist hooked up to speakers
A. First Dance: “Oh, it is love” by Hellogoodbye
B. Mother-Son Dance: TBD
C. Father-Daughter Dance: “Little Darlin’” by the Doobie Brothers? or something by Michael McDonald or Steely Dan? TBD
A. Centerpieces: this, this (spray painted gold), or this?
B. Flowers?: baby’s breath
C. Other: gazillion bubble machines (spray painted gold), sparklers?
- Guest Book/Sign In: silhouette of a tree screen printed onto canvas (by brother-in-law), ink pads (for thumb/finger prints), baby wipes (to wipe off the ink), ultra thin sharpie markers to sign names
- Registry: on amazon.com (hasn’t gone live, yet)
Other Costs/Nuptial Events
- Wedding Shower: CoEd luncheon somewhere. We’re thinking this could be a great way for all of our friends and family to get to know each other before the wedding so we can have a killer dance fest and everyone can feel comfortable “blow[ing] every tube in that crazy brain machine” (Hello Down There, 1969).
- Bachelorette Party: maybe an overnight camping trip to First Landing State Park?
- Bachelor Party: Sorry, Mark… you are not going to Bonnaroo without me, again… if the lineup is good, we can go together in 2014.
Are we forgetting anything? Let us know!